Currently Accepting Recharge Work Orders
- Professional machining and welding services: milling, turning, grinding, wire and sinker EDM, CNC, etc.
- Design assistance: consultation, CAD drawing
- Student machine shop for use by undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff in the College of Engineering
- Work area for Mechanical Engineering design projects (ME 153, ME 189, etc.)
- Hand and power tools (Generally must stay in shop. some tools can be loaned out if approved by shop staff - logout book must be filled out prior to the tools leaving the shop)
- Stock material and fasteners are available on a recharge basis
Submitting a Job:
- Bring a detailed dimensioned drawing of the job to the shop (consultation services are available for design assistance). The drawing can be done in CAD software, such as SolidWorks, or it can just be a simple sketch on paper.
- We guarantee the accuracy and quality of our work. However, if the drawing is not clear or wrong itself, then we cannot guarantee our work, and you will be charged for time it takes to fix or remake the part.
- Bring your 13-digit recharge number
- The shop staff will go over the sketch with you to be sure all requirements necessary for completing the job are covered and quote an estimated cost and time frame for completion of the job upon request
- For safety reasons, we request that closed-toed shoes always be worn when visiting the shop
- Pick-up and delivery are available upon request
- RATES (effective for on-campus jobs only):
- Labor - $99.99 /hour
- Stock, Fasteners, Consumables mark-up (to cover tax/shipping/handling) - 22%